What we love about this dish is that it takes care of itself, making the perfect dinner to round off a busy day.
All you need to do is marinate the chicken (this can even be done the night before), arrange it with the potatoes in a tray and bake for no more than 25 minutes. Serve with steamed vegetables or one of our tasty salad recipes.
And you can rest assured that this dish delivers in both the taste and nutrition stakes too!
The marinade uses the classic Mediterranean ingredients of lemon, honey, olive oil and garlic, and tastes just as good as it smells while the chicken cooks away.
In terms of nutrition, chicken is the perfect meat, offering plenty of benefits without too many calories.
While it’s high in protein, the low calorie-count makes it the perfect main ingredient if you’re trying to lose weight. The high protein content will make you feel fuller for longer, and, combined with exercise, will help your body build lean muscle.
It’s also a good choice for younger members of the family. Children tend to love the texture and subtle flavour of chicken and they’ll be sure to enjoy the hint of sweetness from the honey and vibrant appearance of this dish, garnished with lemons.
It’s pretty versatile too, so swap out the breasts for thighs if you prefer darker meat.
This recipe is definitely a win-win for all the family. Even inexperienced cooks will have no trouble in throwing it together and it will satisfy even the biggest of appetites!
Tender and juicy chicken breast recipe made with honey, lemon, potatoes, and then baked to perfection.
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 small Chicken breasts (around 170 grams each, boneless and skinless)
- 1 lb Baby potatoes (sliced into ¼-inch thick discs)
- Parsley flat-leafed (fresh) (chopped, to garnish)
- Lemon wedges (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- To a small jar, add the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake well to emulsify.
- To a medium bowl, add the chicken and ½ of the marinade. Mix well, then cover and let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the potatoes and arrange it onto the prepared baking tray.
- Add the chicken next to the potatoes and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is fully cooked through (74 C internal temperature).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Do not overbake the chicken. it will dry out and get rubbery.
- For crispier potatoes, slice them thinner
- use fresh ingredients: lemon juice and garlic.
- you can use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
Shop the easy way with grocery delivery in Melbourne
Family life can be busy, so why not take the hassle out of grocery shopping with simple and convenient online groceries shopping?
Find all the items you need, from fresh meat through to fruit, vegetables, ready meals and more, on the Local Food Market Co. site.
It brings your favourite local food shops together under one roof and allows you to fill your shopping cart with quality items from multiple retailers. Then whizz through our simple checkout process and sit back and wait for delivery to your door.
This is a lifesaver for anyone with a busy lifestyle who simply doesn’t have time to go out and shop at several different outlets in one go.
Want to know more about shopping the easy way? Get in touch with our team and they’ll fill you in on everything you need to know!
Leave a Reply