White fish is a staple of many seafood dishes and easily obtainable in your home delivery of seafood. But you may be wondering how to make it more exciting.
Don’t give up on white fish recipes for healthy meals. White fish is packed with vitamins and minerals, and it is low fat, too.
And with just a few ingredients, you can transform any white fish into the focal point of a delicious meal.
Take a look at our recipes for Crumb Coated Snapper and Baked Blue Eye With Spicy Rice. They’re quick and easy to make and will soon become family favourites.
Our baked blue eye recipe is a saviour for mid-week meals when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
- 4 Blue eye fillets
- 80 ml Extra virgin olive oils
- 2 Large Tomatoes (grated)
- 80 grams Butters
- 1 small Onion (finely diced)
- 4 cloves Garlics (finely chopped)
- 3 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 300 grams Basmati rices
- 2 teaspoons Paprikas
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 19 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 handful Parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
For the olive paste
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Make the olive paste by putting 150 grams of the olives into a food processor with olive oil, parsley, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper. Mix, then transfer to a bowl and add the lemon pieces. Add the remaining olives.
- Heat olive oil in a pan (that you can transfer to the oven) and add the garlic, onion, cumin seeds and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, cook for 4 minutes, then add the rice, paprika and some freshly ground pepper. Cook for around a minute, then add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and add the butter.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then spread the olive paste onto the fish and place it into the rice. Scatter the cherry tomatoes over and bake for around 10 more minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges and yoghurt.
Snapper recipes are so easy and delicious. For this one, just adding breadcrumbs and a few flavourings creates a tasty centrepiece for a healthy dinner.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon pepper and salt in a bowl. Then add the fillets one by one and coat them on both sides.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and cook the fillets until the flesh flakes easily. This should be around 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with homemade coleslaw, a green salad and boiled potatoes with a sprig of fresh mint.
Buy seafood online in Melbourne
Seafood delivery in Melbourne makes shopping for your fresh, delicious fish easy.
Simply browse our exciting selection and place your order, then enjoy fresh seafood delivery in Melbourne with our quality service.
You can find out more about seafood delivery in the Melbourne area by reaching out to Planet Seafood.