If you like to include meat in your meal plans once in a while, why not choose lean Australian beef mince?
It’s a great source of protein, an essential component of every cell in your body and the ‘building block’ of your bones, skin, blood and muscles.
You’ll also benefit from vitamin B12, which helps keep your brain and nervous system healthy and aids red blood cell formation.
It has high levels of zinc too, which is really important for children’s growth and for keeping your immune system healthy, as well as iron, which helps your body make red blood cells.
And by choosing Australian meat, you are making a planet-friendly choice by cutting down on the transport between farm and your plate. The fact that lean beef is low in fat is an added bonus!
To spice up your mealtimes, we are using lean minced beef in a Penang meatball curry from Malaysia. The combination of ingredients makes this dish enticing and aromatic, ideal for a mid-week dinner when you want to try something a little different.
Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment, providing a great and low-fat energy source. Basmati rice makes a good choice, thanks to its distinctive fragrance and flavour that everyone loves.
You can also serve this curry with a crispy green salad with ingredients from your regular fruit and veg shop.
Conjure up the taste of Malaysia with this aromatic curry served with plain rice.
- 500 g Beef (minced)
- 70 g Breadcrumbs ((from a packet or made yourself from one-day-old bread))
- 1 Egg
- 100 g Penang curry paste
- 400 ml Coconut cream (can) (can (400 ml))
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fish sauce
- Plain rice
- Put the minced beef, breadcrumbs, egg and 1 tablespoon of the curry paste in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands until the ingredients come together. Divide the mixture into quantities of 1 tablespoon each and roll into balls. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are golden-brown on all sides. Then place them in a slow cooker. Repeat the steps with the rest of the meatballs.
- Add the remaining curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the coconut cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add to the meatballs in the slow cooker. Put the cover on and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 hours. Check that they are cooked through at the end of this time.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. By now, the meatball sauce should be thickened.
- Prepare your rice.
- Serve the rice and meatball curry in bowls.
Source your ingredients from your grocery delivery in Melbourne
If you’re a fan of healthy eating and simple shopping, look to Local Food Market Co for your online groceries and fruit box delivery in Melbourne. You’ll find the meat you need for this recipe, along with lots of other fresh, quality ingredients.
If you’ve been looking for a fruit shop near me, you’ll also find everything you need here for your fruit and veg delivery.
Make us your local marketplace for grocery and fruit delivery in Melbourne and get all the quality ingredients on your shopping list. Reach out to us to know more about your local online marketplace.
Leave a Reply