Start your day the healthy way with a breakfast that makes the most of your fruit and veg delivery.
Eating healthily first thing sets the tone for the day. You’ll feel full for longer and have plenty of energy to get you through the day.
We’ve chosen some healthy breakfast ideas that tick all these boxes, making the most of ingredients from your regular fruit and veg shop.
This creamy breakfast dish takes only a few minutes to make, while its fresh flavours will give you that essential morning kick!
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and mash together with a fork, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread thickly on the toast and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
These burritos feel substantial enough to fill you up, yet they offer one of the most healthy breakfast alternatives you can find.
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- ½ Small red onion (diced)
- 1 Red capsicum (diced)
- 1 cup Drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ teaspoon Chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 + 4 Eggs + egg whites
- 1/3 cup Shredded cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 Wholewheat tortillas
- ¼ cup Low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 Large tomato (diced)
- Chilli sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the peppers and onions for a few minutes until the onions become soft.
- Add the beans and chilli flakes and cook for another 2 minutes to warm through. Season with salt and pepper and place in a dish.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together and stir in the cheese.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Reduce heat to low and add the eggs, stirring to scramble them.
- Lay out your tortillas. Spread each one with 1 tablespoon of yogurt or sour cream and salsa, then ¼ of the bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, diced tomato and ¼ of the avocado.
- Season if desired and add chilli sauce. Roll into a burrito and enjoy!
This warming cereal is packed with energy-giving ingredients and will set you up till lunchtime.
- Cut off the sides from 1 of the apples, slice and set aside. Reserve ¼ cup of the coconut milk.
- Peel and core the other 5 apples and cut into medium-sized chunks. Add them with the remaining ¾ cup of coconut milk and 2/3 cup of water to a pan and simmer over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when the liquid has reduced by around a half and the apples are soft. Mash the apples.
- Blitz the almonds and pecans in a blender until they are thoroughly ground. Put in a bowl and add the cinnamon and flaxseed. Fold this mixture along with the raisins into the mashed apple and stir well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of the leftover coconut milk. Add apple slices, crushed cashews, raisins and cinnamon and serve.
Get healthy breakfast ingredients from a fruit shop near me
You can source the ingredients for your healthy breakfast from Local Food Market Co, bringing together everything for your grocery delivery in Melbourne on one site.
Get your fruit box delivery in Melbourne along with all the other online groceries you need in just a few clicks.
As well as veggie and fruit delivery in the Melbourne area, you’ll find meat, seafood, ready meals and flowers, too!