If you’re looking for party dishes that will wow your guests, why not consider seafood recipes?
Seafood always feels luxurious, so it’s perfect for a dinner party or as an alternative at barbies.
High in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, seafood is as much a healthy choice as a tasty one!
And you can easily source the ingredients in your home delivery of seafood.
Prawn toast is a Chinese starter that is best eaten straight away – when it’s hot, crisp and simply delicious!
- 6 slices Bread
- 150 g Prawns (deveined or prawn meat)
- 1 thumb-sized Ginger (Fresh)
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Chilli (red)
- 1 Egg
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Rice flour
- Sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil
- Roughly chop the prawns, ginger, garlic, spring onions and chilli. Then put them into a food processor with the egg and a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil. Combine until they form a paste. Add a small amount of rice flour if the mixture is too liquid.
- Spread the mixture over the bread slices. Put the sesame seeds in a bowl and dip each bread slice in, prawn mixture side down so that the seeds stick.
- Cut each bread slice into four triangles.
- Heat the oil in a pan and place each prawn toast into the oil with a fish slice, sesame seeds facing downwards. Cook for around 3 minutes or until golden brown. Then turn them over for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove each prawn toast from the oil and rest on kitchen paper. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Showstopper Seafood Platter
Prep time: 30 minutes
Seafood platter ideas are a super easy way to create a showstopping centrepiece for any type of party.
You can include as many of these seafood ingredients as you like in your platter:
- Prawns: bite-size prawns are ideal for parties
- Clams or mussels: can be served raw or steamed
- Oysters: remove the meat from their shell and serve on ice
- Crab legs: their colour looks simply stunning on a platter
- Lobster: a touch of luxury that everyone loves
- Smoked salmon: always a party favourite
Again, you can take your pick of accompaniments according to taste.
- Cocktail sauce: this classic sauce works wonderfully with prawns
- Tartar sauce: a tangy sauce that brings out subtle fishy flavours
- Garlic aioli: this accompaniment adds a creaminess to your platter
- Lemon wedges: a seafood platter is not complete without their vibrant colour and zesty taste
- Herbs: add sprigs of any herbs you fancy to add greenery and flavour
Buy seafood online in Melbourne
Why not make party planning easy with seafood delivery in Melbourne?
You can get everything you need for your seafood party dishes with Planet Seafood’s fresh seafood delivery in Melbourne.
Browse our website for inspiration or contact us to know more.
Know more about our seafood delivery in the Melbourne area by contacting us.
Leave a Reply