If you haven’t already heard about air fryers, now’s the time to find out more. They’re a healthy way to enjoy the crispness of fried food.
They’re not actually fryers but small convection ovens allowing hot air to circulate, so you don’t have to use copious quantities of oil to prepare your food. The result is perfectly cooked and crisp food that all the family will enjoy.
We’ve pulled together two recipes using zucchinis – renowned for their versatility and high vitamin and mineral content – for easy air fryer food that will please all ages.
Our recipe for fritters makes the perfect between-meal snack that’s healthy and nutritious while our simple method of cooking zucchinis in the air fryer produces a wonderfully crisp vegetable dish to accompany any meal.
The high vegetable content in these fritters counts towards your five-a-day, while the haloumi will give them a unique taste and texture. Serve as a healthy snack or with a green salad and some crème fraiche or natural yoghurt for a light meal.
- 2 medium Zucchini (grated)
- 225 grams Haloumi cheese (grated)
- 150 grams Sweetcorn
- 2 Egg (whisked)
- 100 grams Self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons Oregano (fresh) (chopped)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to serve)
- Natural yoghurt (to serve)
- Oregano (fresh) (to serve)
- Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini, then place in a bowl.
- Add the sweetcorn and haloumi and stir to combine all the ingredients. Create a well in the centre of the mixture and add the flour, oregano and egg. Season and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat your air fryer to 200C. Drop tablespoonfuls of the raw ingredients onto the rack. Cook for around 8 minutes or until crisp and golden, then transfer to a plate. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
- Put the fritters on a plate and serve with yoghurt, seasoned with black pepper and drizzled with olive oil. Toss the extra oregano on top for the finishing touch.
This simple way to serve zucchini brings out their flavour the healthy way.
- 4 Zucchini (halved and quartered)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dried thyme
- Garlic powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 200C.
- Cut the zucchini in half and then in quarters.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the zucchini segments and ensure they are thoroughly coated.
- Put the coated segments into the air fryer and cook for around 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve as an accompaniment to roast meat or as part of a healthy vegan platter with other roasted or air fried vegetables.
Find zucchinis and more in your local fruit and veg delivery
Find the freshest zucchinis and everything else you need for your fruit and veg delivery on the Local Food Market Co platform.
It makes your fruit and veg shop a whole lot easier as you can source all your groceries in a single place.
With a few simple clicks, you can get your grocery delivery in Melbourne straight to your door.
And if you’ve been wondering where to find a fruit shop near me, browse our fresh fruit selection or get a fruit box delivery in Melbourne delivered to your home.
Contact us to know more about grocery, vegetable and fruit delivery in Melbourne the simple way.
Leave a Reply