Chilly winter evenings call for warming recipes packed full of veggie goodness with a hint of spice. Even better if they are simple to prepare and will please the whole family!
If this is what you’re after, look no further than our recipe for Spicy Winter Veggie and Lamb Tray Bake.
Lamb is a fantastic choice of meat for the winter months. It is locally produced here in Australia and is packed with protein. It’s also rich in vitamin B12, which is good for brain function and keeping your blood healthy.
The vegetables in this dish provide plenty of vitamin C, which will help protect your immunity over the winter months, as well as helping to reduce your risk of chronic diseases and iron deficiency.
And one of the best things about this dish is that it’s really simple to put together. All you need is a baking tray and a hot oven and it will cook itself to perfection!
This enticing recipe takes very little preparation yet will reward you with its combination of delicious flavours, tender meat and the kick from the herbs and spices. Enjoy it as a family dinner or even as the main dish next time you throw a dinner party.
- 2 teaspoons Fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 1.5 cups Natural yoghurt
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1.5 kg Lamb (cut into pieces of approximately 8 cm x 8 cm)
- 3 Carrot (cut into chunks)
- 3 Parsnips (quartered)
- 350 grams Pumpkin (unpeeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 Capsicum (red) (cut into large pieces)
- 2 Onion (Spanish/red) (peeled and quartered)
- 1/3 cup Coriander (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Mint (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Parsley flat-leafed (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 Lemon (Lemon wedges to serve)
- Crush the seeds using a mortar and pestle. Put half of the crushed seeds into a bowl, add the yoghurt and garlic and season to taste. Place in the fridge.
- Stir the olive oil into the rest of the spice mix and season to taste. Put the lamb and vegetables in a baking tray and add the spiced oil until well coated.
- Bake at 200 °C for 10 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 180 °C. Cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables and lamb are cooked as you like them.
- Drizzle the spiced yoghurt that you set aside over the lamb and veggies, then sprinkle with the fresh herbs and pine nuts and serve with the lemon wedges.
Get Your Recipe Ingredients in Your Fruit and Veg Delivery
Looking for a ‘fruit and veg shop near me’ to get the ingredients you need for this warming winter recipe? You can have them delivered straight to your door. All you need to do is browse the Local Food Market Co selection for what you need, click and order.
Grocery delivery in Melbourne is this quick and simple. You’ll find a wide range of healthy winter vegetables, as well as everything else you need from our fruit and veg shop. You can stock up on delicious seasonal fruits along with your veggie order!
Contact us to know more about our fruit and veg delivery in Melbourne – the hassle-free way to get all those ingredients, helping keep you healthy over the winter months.