The humble toastie is making a comeback. Great for snacks and light meals, the toastie is your quick and easy go-to to please all the family. Especially, when you are stuck in the house due to weather or in lockdown.
You can include healthy ingredients too, and you don’t need to stick to savoury recipes. Prepare a toastie including fruit for a delicious family-friendly dessert.
See our recipes for Cheese and Mushroom Toastie, Sweet Banana and Ricotta Toastie, Luxury Smoked Salmon Toastie and Greek Inspired Toastie to get you started.
It won’t be long before you’ll be cooking up your own combinations for toastie ideas that are healthy and delicious too!
This old favourite will be your go-to toastie when you want a quick fix of flavour that will fill you up.
- Put one of your slices of bread in the toastie maker and grate the cheese over.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the toastie.
- Roughly chop the rocket and add to the toastie, along with the juice from the lemon.
- Add the second slice of bread and place the sliced chorizo on top.
- Press the lid down firmly and start toasting.
Who says toasties have to be savoury? This has got to be the best toastie recipe for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Mix up the ricotta with the honey, break the chocolate into small pieces and roughly chop the banana.
- Put 1 of the slices of bread in the toastie maker and spread the ricotta and honey mixture on top.
- Add the chocolate and banana and get toasting!
This toastie is perfect for a quick breakfast with a touch of luxury!
- Finely chop the chives.
- Put 1 of the slices of bread in the toastie maker and arrange the smoked salmon in a circular shape on top. Leave a space in the centre where you can crack the egg.
- Sprinkle over the chives, grate the cheese over and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the second slice of bread on top and toast.