Zucchini is a versatile and tasty vegetable, perfect as the star ingredient in vegetarian dinners.
It’s nutritious, too, packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It also has plenty of fibre for good digestion.
Tempt your family’s tastebuds with our recipes for chickpea and zucchini stir fry, stuffed zucchini gratin and vegetarian zucchini slice. All the recipes are easy to make and will soon become your new family favourites!
Serve this healthy stir fry with steamed rice for a complete and delicious meal.
- 400 grams Chickpeas (tin)
- 1 Zucchini (large and sliced)
- 60 grams Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 handful Oregano (fresh) (freshly chopped)
- 1 handful Basil (freshly chopped)
- 1 handful Coriander (fresh) (freshly chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in the basil, garlic, oregano and black pepper. Add the zucchini and chickpeas, ensuring that you coat them well with the herbs and oil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Then put the chopped tomato on top of the contents of the pan and steam for a few minutes. Serve immediately.
Serve hot at dinnertime and eat the leftovers cold with salad for lunch the next day!
- 125 grams Plain flour
- teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 Egg
- 125 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 kg Zucchini (peeled and diced)
- Parsley flat-leafed (fresh)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Beat the eggs, then mix them in with the flour along with the oil. Add the zucchini and onion and add salt and pepper to taste. Put the mixture into a greased 22 x 33 cm baking dish and sprinkle the parsley and paprika over the top.
- Bake for one hour and serve hot.
Include zucchini in your fruit and veg delivery
Get fresh zucchinis delivered straight to your door with your grocery delivery in Melbourne from the Local Food Market Co.
And if you’re wondering where to find a fruit shop near me, we also offer fruit delivery in the Melbourne area.
Contact us to know more about vegetable and fruit box delivery in Melbourne direct to your home – the simple way to get your fruit and veg shop done hassle-free.
Leave a Reply