If you love fish and are looking for new ways to serve it, check out our recipe for pan-seared tuna and Asian greens accompanied by a fresh cucumber relish.
It combines everything you love about fish with an exciting Asian twist. Accompanied by greens and vegetables from your fruit and veg shop, it will also give you a healthy dose of vitamin C.
Tuna is a great choice as it’s high in protein and packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for a healthy heart and brain.
There are also the minerals iron, which helps transport oxygen all around the body, and selenium, an antioxidant believed to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
And, of course, you’ll get plenty of vitamins and minerals from the selection of vegetables and herbs also used in this recipe.
This dish is quick to prepare and will look stunning, making it suitable to serve to guests or just as a regular midweek dinner.
- 500 grams Fresh tuna loin (skin removed)
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the relish
- ½ cup Rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Yellow mustard seeds
- 1 small Red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Trimmed bulb of fennel (finely sliced)
- ½ Cucumber (peeled and finely sliced)
- 4 Radishes (finely sliced)
- 4 Water chestnuts (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup Fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Fresh mint leaves
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
For the dressing
- Rub a little olive oil on each side of the tuna and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat and sear the tuna for 1 minute on each side. Remove the tuna from the pan and set it aside.
- To prepare the relish, mix the coriander seeds, rice vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for around 7 minutes until the mixture resembles a thin syrup. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Put the fennel, cucumber, onion, radishes and water chestnuts in a bowl. Toss with the coriander, cayenne pepper and mint. Add a small quantity of the cooled syrup to coat the vegetables and put to one side.
- For the dressing, mix the garlic, lime zest and juice, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk together.
- To serve, toss the greens with a spoonful of the dressing, then divide between four plates. Slice the tuna and serve on top of the greens with some cucumber relish. For the finishing touch, add a drizzle of dressing.
Online groceries shopping made easy with Local Food Market Co
Shop for our tuna recipe the easy way with grocery delivery in Melbourne straight to the door.
Local Food Market Co offers a wide range of fresh produce and store cupboard ingredients, including fruit box delivery in the Melbourne area. It’s the perfect solution for anyone wondering, “Is there a fruit shop near me?” So, get your fruit delivery in Melbourne along with other essentials brought to your home as well!
Aside from fruit and veg delivery, you’ll find other quality products like meat, seafood, ready meals and flowers.
To know more about getting your favourite fresh produce delivered to your home, contact us.