Salads aren’t just for summer! They are a fantastic source of nutrition to see you through the winter months, as well as being easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
We’ve pulled together three winter salads recipes for you to try at home with tasty and nutritious ingredients.
You’ll find everything you need for our winter salads ideas in our online shop, so get browsing!
This nutritious salad will bring a pop of colour to your winter table.
- 1 tablespoon White vinegar
- 2 bunches Beetroot
- 2 Carrot (peeled)
- ½ Onion (Spanish/red) (finely sliced)
- ½ cup Parsley flat-leafed (fresh) (chopped)
- ¼ cup Orange juice (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Almonds (toasted)
- 4 Medjool date (pitted and sliced)
- Trim the stems from the beetroot and peel them. Thinly slice, then set aside.
- Grate the carrots and mix them with the dates, onion, parsley and almonds.
- Whisk together the orange juice, oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup in a jug.
- Combine the beetroot, carrot mixture and the dressing in a serving bowl. Toss well and serve.
This classic salad manages to combine substance with freshness, making it an ideal dish for a winter lunch.
- 4 rashers Bocan
- 500 g Chicken breast fillet
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Lettuce (Cos) (trimmed and with the leaves separated)
- 1 Avocado (cut in half, then slice crossways)
- 320 g Tomato (Cherry) (halved and quartered)
- 100 g Corn kernels
- 200 g Kidney beans
- 4 Egg (oft-boiled and quartered)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on some kitchen towel on a plate. Divide each rasher into 4 pieces.
- Next, cook the chicken in the pan over a medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and let it rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Put the vinegar, oil and mustard in a screw-top jar, shake well and season.
- Place the lettuce in a serving dish. Top it with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, corn kernels, avocado and eggs. Spoon the dressing over and serve.
Packed full of nutritious ingredients, this winter vegetable bowl makes the perfect salad to come home to.
- 2 teaspoons Wholegrain mustard
- 50 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 50 g Broccoli
- 50 g Carrot
- 50 g Cauliflower
- 50 g Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- 200 g Chickpeas (tin)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ cup Quinoa (cooked)
- 2 Kale leaves (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Hemp seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the mustards, red wine vinegar and olive oil and mix well. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir gently to coat them, then season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the coated vegetables in a lined oven baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Add the chickpeas after 10 minutes and mix well. Add the kale for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the quinoa and sesame and hemp seeds
Leave a Reply