This meal is so full of flavour that you don’t feel as if you are missing anything. Vegans will love this protein combining, this meal is full of vegetables and contains all the essential amino acid you need. Without ‘complete’ proteins like eggs, meat, or fish, it can be difficult to get these amino acids. It also includes chopped almonds. This is also super delicious!
- 1/2 cup Chickpea (besan) flour
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- teaspoon Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Onion (Diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (Finely chopped)
- 2 cups Finely chopped kale (Stalks removed)
- 1 Zucchini (Grated)
- 100 gms Asparagus (about 1/2 bunch) (Trimmed and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Almonds (Chopped Roughly)
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 1 Avocado (sliced into silvers)
- 4 Bread Slices
- Salt and pepper
- To serve • 4 slices of Paleo Bread (see page 70) • 1 avocado, sliced into silvers
- Place the chickpea flour and almond milk in a bowl and mix together to make a chunky batter. Stir through the yeast and turmeric and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until the onion starts to go a bit translucent.
- Add the kale. zucchini and asparagus and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then pour in the chickpea batter and season to taste.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes. stirring until the mix starts to set a little and look like scrambled eggs.
- Place a couple of slices of paleo bread on each plate, top with a few slivers of avo and divide the scramble between both plates.
- Sprinkle over the almonds. add a big squeeze of lemon and serve.