This soup is bursting with colour and flavour. It’s perfect as a healthy comfort food served with cheesy garlic bread.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Add the whole spices and fry gently until they are fragrant.
- Add the onions and garlic and fry until light brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on medium heat until lightly cooked.
- Add the beetroot, water and salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Strain the soup back into the pan, add the milk and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread.