This enticing recipe takes very little preparation yet will reward you with its combination of delicious flavours, tender meat and the kick from the herbs and spices. Enjoy it as a family dinner or even as the main dish next time you throw a dinner party.
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1.5 cups natural yoghurts
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1.5 kg lambs (cut into pieces of approximately 8 cm x 8 cm)
- 3 Carrots (cut into chunks)
- 3 parsnips (quartered)
- 350 grams pumpkins (unpeeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 red capsicum (cut into large pieces)
- 2 red onions (peeled and quartered)
- 1/3 cup Coriander
- 1/3 cup mint
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 lemon (Lemon wedges to serve)
- Crush the seeds using a mortar and pestle. Put half of the crushed seeds into a bowl, add the yoghurt and garlic and season to taste. Place in the fridge.
- Stir the olive oil into the rest of the spice mix and season to taste. Put the lamb and vegetables in a baking tray and add the spiced oil until well coated.
- Bake at 200 °C for 10 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 180 °C. Cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables and lamb are cooked as you like them.
- Drizzle the spiced yoghurt that you set aside over the lamb and veggies, then sprinkle with the fresh herbs and pine nuts and serve with the lemon wedges.