Tuck into the delicious fresh flavours of this Spanish dish with a subtle spicy undertone.
- 500 g Chicken thighs (quartered)
- 1 medium Onion (brown) (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlics (crushed)
- 1 Capsicum (red) (cut into thin strips)
- 1 medium Carrot (quartered and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Smoked paprikas
- 2 teaspoons Cumin (ground)s
- 220 g Brown rices
- 400 g Canned tomato (diced)s
- 1 Orange (juiced and zested)
- 120 g Peas (frozen)s
- . Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add half the quantity of chicken and cook for around 3 minutes, ensuring that all surfaces are golden brown. Put the cooked chicken on a plate then repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
- Add the carrots and onions to the pan and cook until the onion softens a little, around 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, capsicum and garlic, stirring continuously, until their fragrance is released. (This should take around 1 minute.)
- Add the tomato, rice, orange juice and 357ml of water, stirring gently. Bring the mixture to a boil then put the chicken back in the pan. Cover and transfer to the oven for 50 minutes or until the rice is edible.
- Stir in the peas then bake with the lid off for 5 minutes or until the peas are cooked through. Garnish with the orange zest.