This low-fat coleslaw combines the typically Asian flavours of peanut, chilli and coriander with the powerful nutritional content of capsicums and cabbage.
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butters
- 2 cloves Garlics (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegars
- 2 tablespoons soy sauces
- ½ teaspoon chilli or other hot sauce, according to taste
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves ((or parsley))
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped fresh)
- 2 red capsicums (finely sliced)
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- ½ red cabbage (finely shredded)
- ½ white cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
- Mix the peanut butter, rice vinegar, garlic, salt, soy sauce and chilli sauce together until smooth.
- Add the chopped chives, coriander and the sliced red capsicum. Then add the shredded cabbage and toss until all the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Place in a serving bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds just before you serve the coleslaw.