This low-fat coleslaw combines the typically Asian flavours of peanut, chilli and coriander with the powerful nutritional content of capsicums and cabbage.
- 3 tablespoons Peanut butter ((Smooth))
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chilli (red) (or other hot sauce, according to taste)
- ½ cup Coriander leaves (chopped (or parsley))
- 2 tablespoons Chives (chopped fresh)
- 2 Capsicum (red) (finely sliced)
- 2 Carrot (grated)
- ½ Red cabbage (finely shredded)
- ½ Cabbage (white) (finely shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds (toasted)
- Mix the peanut butter, rice vinegar, garlic, salt, soy sauce and chilli sauce together until smooth.
- Add the chopped chives, coriander and the sliced red capsicum. Then add the shredded cabbage and toss until all the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Place in a serving bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds just before you serve the coleslaw.