Prawn toast is a Chinese starter that is best eaten straight away – when it’s hot, crisp and simply delicious!
- Roughly chop the prawns, ginger, garlic, spring onions and chilli. Then put them into a food processor with the egg and a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil. Combine until they form a paste. Add a small amount of rice flour if the mixture is too liquid.
- Spread the mixture over the bread slices. Put the sesame seeds in a bowl and dip each bread slice in, prawn mixture side down so that the seeds stick.
- Cut each bread slice into four triangles.
- Heat the oil in a pan and place each prawn toast into the oil with a fish slice, sesame seeds facing downwards. Cook for around 3 minutes or until golden brown. Then turn them over for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove each prawn toast from the oil and rest on kitchen paper. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.