Simple and delicious salad made with roasted chickpeas, avocados, loads of veggies, and tossed in with a homemade honey garlic Greek yogurt dressing.
For the chickpeas:
- 15 oz Chickpeas (one can)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (extra-virgin, divided)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Chives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Garlic cloves (pressed)
- Salt and ground pepper (to taste)
For the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat them dry with paper towels and remove any loose skins.
- Add them to a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil; Toss with the seasonings then bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are baked, let them cool at room temperature for 15 minutes to become crispy.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a small jar and mix well to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the veggies, cheese, roasted chickpeas together with the dressing.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Do not use over-ripened avocados. You need them to be ripe but firm.
- Any lettuce of choice or greens will work. We used Romaine lettuce
- Yogurt: we used Greek yogurt but plain yogurt will work, or any plant-based yogurt you prefer.
- Use only fresh veggies to make a salad. We recommend you do use fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.
- Fresh lemon juice will taste much better than bottles of lemon juice. But if you are in a pinch and only have bottles of lemon juice you may use that instead.
- We used canned chickpeas but you may use dried and just cook them ahead.