This recipe combines a variety of flavours and offers a generous dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants too! For a twist on the basic recipe, add four soft-boiled eggs, cut in half, to top the salad.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Boil a saucepan of salted water and add the leeks, boiling for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Drain and put to one side.
- Put the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap. Put in the oven and bake until crispy, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the lemon zest over the slices.
- For the dressing, mix the sugar, vinegar and mustards then carefully whisk in the olive oil until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- For the salad, season the leeks with salt and pepper and add a spoonful of the dressing, ensuring they are well coated. Arrange the leeks, prosciutto and salad leaves in layers on serving plates and drizzle each with a spoonful of the dressing.