Conjure up the taste of Malaysia with this aromatic curry served with plain rice.
- Put the minced beef, breadcrumbs, egg and 1 tablespoon of the curry paste in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands until the ingredients come together. Divide the mixture into quantities of 1 tablespoon each and roll into balls. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are golden-brown on all sides. Then place them in a slow cooker. Repeat the steps with the rest of the meatballs.
- Add the remaining curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the coconut cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add to the meatballs in the slow cooker. Put the cover on and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 hours. Check that they are cooked through at the end of this time.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. By now, the meatball sauce should be thickened.
- Prepare your rice.
- Serve the rice and meatball curry in bowls.