This dish is quick to prepare and will look stunning, making it suitable to serve to guests or just as a regular midweek dinner.
- 500 grams Fresh tuna loin (skin removed)
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the relish
- ½ cup Rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Yellow mustard seeds
- 1 small Red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Trimmed bulb of fennel (finely sliced)
- ½ Cucumber (peeled and finely sliced)
- 4 Radishes (finely sliced)
- 4 Water chestnuts (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup Fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Fresh mint leaves
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
For the dressing
- Rub a little olive oil on each side of the tuna and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat and sear the tuna for 1 minute on each side. Remove the tuna from the pan and set it aside.
- To prepare the relish, mix the coriander seeds, rice vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for around 7 minutes until the mixture resembles a thin syrup. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Put the fennel, cucumber, onion, radishes and water chestnuts in a bowl. Toss with the coriander, cayenne pepper and mint. Add a small quantity of the cooled syrup to coat the vegetables and put to one side.
- For the dressing, mix the garlic, lime zest and juice, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk together.
- To serve, toss the greens with a spoonful of the dressing, then divide between four plates. Slice the tuna and serve on top of the greens with some cucumber relish. For the finishing touch, add a drizzle of dressing.