- Start with the dressing. Place the orange, lime, garlic, and parsley into a bowl and whisk in the olive oil a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the lobster meat into neat medallions. Don’t discard the lobster horn and leg meat — they will give your dish a distinctive touch.
- To assemble, place the tomato on the serving dish. Pile the horn and leg meat in the centre of the tomato and add a little dressing. Arrange the medallions around the centre stack. Top with salad greens and add dressing to taste.
- For the salad, you can use leaves such as chard, watercress, chervil, rocket, spinach, or beet according to your taste.
- You can also add cherry tomatoes or sweet capsicums depending on your preferences.
- If you’ll be serving it as a main dish, serve with fresh, crusty French bread or plain steamed rice.
- You can also use this recipe as a starter — it works well with steak dishes, roast lamb, and grilled fish.
- For a touch of luxury, serve champagne with your lobster medallions and Mediterranean salad. Sparkling rosé or citrusy chardonnay also pairs well. Avoid red wines, which will overpower the delicate flavour of the lobster.
- Why not serve fruit to follow your dish? A fruit salad of sliced oranges sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves and drizzled with a dressing of honey and lime juice enhances the Mediterranean theme.