- 2 tablespoon Olive oils
- 1 kg Lamb (boneless cut best, cut into small cubes)
- 1 Onion (brown) (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlics (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (powder)
- 2 tablespoons Allspices
- 2 tablespoons Red chilli powders
- 750ml Chicken stocks
- 400 g Basmati rices (or brown rice)
- 400 g Chickpeas (tin)s
- 100 g Raisins
- ½ cup Pine nuts (toasted)
- ½ cup Coriander (fresh) (roughly chopped)
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lamb until brown, then place in a slow cooker.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and cook the garlic and onion for around 5 minutes until the onion softens. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring it to a boil. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for around 7 hours.
- Stir in the rice and add the chickpeas to the top. Cook on high for 50 minutes. Add seasoning to taste.
- Add the pine nuts, raisins and coriander and serve.