This warming cereal is packed with energy-giving ingredients and will set you up till lunchtime.
- Cut off the sides from 1 of the apples, slice and set aside. Reserve ¼ cup of the coconut milk.
- Peel and core the other 5 apples and cut into medium-sized chunks. Add them with the remaining ¾ cup of coconut milk and 2/3 cup of water to a pan and simmer over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when the liquid has reduced by around a half and the apples are soft. Mash the apples.
- Blitz the almonds and pecans in a blender until they are thoroughly ground. Put in a bowl and add the cinnamon and flaxseed. Fold this mixture along with the raisins into the mashed apple and stir well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of the leftover coconut milk. Add apple slices, crushed cashews, raisins and cinnamon and serve.