This colourful, nutrient-dense salad is a delight to prepare and eat! The harissa adds a fiery kick while the grains, seeds and veggies offer endless health benefits.
- 200 grams Quinoa
- 100 grams Black rice
- ½ 400 gram Tin of Puy lentils
- ½ 400 gram Tin of chickpeas
- ½ Fennel bulb
- 250 grams Beetroot
- 50 grams kale
- 15 grams Fresh flat leaf parsley
- 15 grams Fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 Ripe avocados
- 100 grams Broccolini
- 2 teaspoons Harissa paste
- 50 grams Mixed seeds
- ½ Pomegranate
- Cook the rice and quinoa in separate pans of boiling salted water until tender and drain.
- Drain the chickpeas and lentils and combine with the rice and quinoa in a large bowl.
- Finely slice the fennel, cut the beetroots in quarters and finely chop the kale, then add them all to the bowl.
- Add the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the oil and salt and pepper to taste, then divide between 4 bowls.
- Skin avocado, dice and put on top of each portion, followed by the broccolini.
- Spoon harissa over the top and add the seeds. Cut the pomegranate in half and scoop or tap out the seeds over the salad portions and serve.