- 1 cup dry chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups fresh coriander
- ¾ cup fresh flat-leafed parsley
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flours
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon harissa sauce
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Soak the chickpeas in cold water for 24 hours. Then loosen the skins by rubbing them between your fingers. Rinse, drain and spread them out on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Blend the chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, garlic and onion in a food processor to form a paste. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the chickpea flour, ground coriander, cumin, harissa sauce, salt and pepper and combine well. Cover the bowl and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat your air fryer to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder to the chickpea mixture. Mix until just combined. Roll the mixture into 15 balls and press down to form patties. Spray with cooking spray.
- Put 7 of the patties in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, remove and then repeat with the final 8 patties.