Risottos make an easy one-pot family meal and this mushroom variety is a great way to eat vegetarian without compromising on flavour.
- Warm the vegetable stock and 1 cup of water in a pan over high heat until the mixture is almost at boiling point. Now remove from the heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium to high heat. Cook the onion for approximately 5 minutes or until transparent.
- Stir in the rice until well coated followed by the wine, and cook for 1 minute or until the wine has evaporated.
- Add 1 spoonful of the stock mixture and stir gently until the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock 1 spoonful at a time until it is all absorbed. The rice should be just cooked by this stage.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic for around 3 minutes until it’s golden in colour. Transfer to a plate. Then cook the mushrooms in the butter for around 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer them to another plate.
- Now return one-quarter of the mushrooms to the pan. Add the parsley and garlic, season and mix gently to combine. Put aside to garnish your risotto.
- Stir the remaining mushrooms and Parmesan into the risotto. Cover and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Serve individual portions onto plates and top with the garlicky mushrooms. Season with pepper to taste and enjoy!