This slow-cooked dish is brimming with flavour and goodness. Super easy to cook, it’s also a fantastic way to get your vitamins and minerals!
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (Fresh) (finely chopped)
- Rogan josh curry paste
- 1.5 kg Beef chuck steaks (cut into pieces of around 4 cm)
- 400 g Canned tomato (diced)s
- 250 ml Vegetable stocks (liquid)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (fresh) (extra for garnish)
- 600 g Pumpkins (peeled and deseeded, cut into pieces of around 3 cm)
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 270 ml Coconut cream (can)s
- Jasmine rice (steamed rice to serve)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the ginger and curry paste and cook, stirring continuously for around 1 minute. Then add the beef and cook, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until well coated.
- Put the beef and paste mixture into the bowl of your slow cooker. Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock and give the mix a good stir and then add the curry leaves. Cover and cook on the high setting for 5 hours or until the beef is tender. Add the pumpkin, then cover and cook for another hour or until the pumpkin is cooked through.
- Put the cornflour and 80 ml of the coconut cream in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add to the slow cooker and cook with the lid off for around 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Serve the curry on plates and drizzle with coconut cream. You can serve this mouthwatering dish with plain steamed rice and a sprinkling of curry leaves for garnish.