This classic salad manages to combine substance with freshness, making it an ideal dish for a winter lunch.
- 4 rashers Bocan
- 500 g Chicken breast fillet
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Lettuce (Cos) (trimmed and with the leaves separated)
- 1 Avocado (cut in half, then slice crossways)
- 320 g Tomato (Cherry) (halved and quartered)
- 100 g Corn kernels
- 200 g Kidney beans
- 4 Egg (oft-boiled and quartered)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on some kitchen towel on a plate. Divide each rasher into 4 pieces.
- Next, cook the chicken in the pan over a medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and let it rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Put the vinegar, oil and mustard in a screw-top jar, shake well and season.
- Place the lettuce in a serving dish. Top it with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, corn kernels, avocado and eggs. Spoon the dressing over and serve.