- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 750 gms Rump or topside steak (Trimmed)
- 2-3 tablespoons Asian chilli paste
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves (Shredded)
- ½ Cup Pumpkin seeds (chopped - Traditionally peanuts would be used, but have substitute these out)
- 1 Baby cos lettuce (Leaves separated)
- 1/2 cup Coriander (fresh)
- 1/4 cup Mint (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Caster sugar
- Heat the Oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the beef is well browned and cooked to your liking. Remove and cool. Shred into long, thin strips.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the chilli paste and lime leaves and cock for 1 minute. Add the beef strips and toss to coat.
- For the salad, combine the lettuce, coriander. mint leaves. lime juice and sugar.
- Place the salad on plates and top with the beef and serve sprinkled with the pumpkin seeds.