This hearty recipe is more than a soup. It’s a meal in itself. Enjoy with nachos and sour cream on the side.
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Capsicums (diced)
- 4 Birdseye chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 400g Can Canned tomato (diced)
- 1 400g Can Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper (grounded)
- 500 grams Chicken breast
- 1 cup Coriander (fresh)
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Put a little of the olive oil into the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the onions, capsicums and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir in the chicken stock, tomatoes, soup and chillies.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon of salt, cumin and black pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat on all sides with the mixture. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook on the low setting until the chicken is cooked (up to 3 hours). Remove from the slow cooker and shred.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and warm it through for around 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with coriander