This curry is named after the karahi or flat open pot that it’s cooked in. You can enjoy it with a salad and flatbread or rice.
- ½ cup Sunflower oil
- 500 g Chicken Chops Skin Off
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Cumin (ground)
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Ginger paste
- ¾ teaspoon Garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric (ground)
- 6 Tomato (roughly chopped)
- 4 Birdseye chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Coriander (fresh) (finely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large pan or a karahi if you have one over high heat. Add the chicken portions and cook until brown. Add the water, salt, cumin, ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder and turmeric, and stir for around 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and birdseye chillies. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for around 30 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Toss the cilantro leaves over the chicken and cook for another 30 seconds before serving.