These burritos feel substantial enough to fill you up, yet they offer one of the most healthy breakfast alternatives you can find.
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable oils
- ½ Small red onion (diced)
- 1 Red capsicum (diced)
- 1 cup Drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ teaspoon Chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 + 4 Eggs + egg whites
- 1/3 cup Shredded cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 Wholewheat tortillas
- ¼ cup Low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 Large tomato (diced)
- Chilli sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the peppers and onions for a few minutes until the onions become soft.
- Add the beans and chilli flakes and cook for another 2 minutes to warm through. Season with salt and pepper and place in a dish.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together and stir in the cheese.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Reduce heat to low and add the eggs, stirring to scramble them.
- Lay out your tortillas. Spread each one with 1 tablespoon of yogurt or sour cream and salsa, then ¼ of the bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, diced tomato and ¼ of the avocado.
- Season if desired and add chilli sauce. Roll into a burrito and enjoy!