You’ll fall in love with this raita for its creamy texture and sumptuous colour. Use it as a dip with salads or to complement South Asian cuisine.
- Roast the cumin seeds on low heat in a frying pan until they darken. Remove from the pan and grind them or crush them using a pestle and mortar.
- Peel and grate the beetroot. Set aside a small quantity for garnish.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl and beat it until it becomes smooth. Add the chilli powder and ground cumin and mix well. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add the spicy yogurt to the beetroot and mix until it is well covered. Season if desired.
- Garnish with the remainder of the grated beetroot and the pomegranate seeds.