This is the perfect dish to come home to after a busy day. The long cook time makes the meat super tender and draws out the complementary flavours.
- 1 kg Beef chuck steak (cut into 2.5 cm pieces, or alternative stewing meat)
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Onion
- 1 ½ cups Beef stock
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 Carrot (diced)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or the high setting for 4 to 6 hours.