Our baked blue eye recipe is a saviour for mid-week meals when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
- 4 Blue eye fillets
- 80 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Large Tomatoes (grated)
- 80 grams Butter
- 1 small Onion (finely diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 300 grams Basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 19 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 handful Parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
For the olive paste
- 200 grams Green olives (chopped and pitted)
- Parsley leaves
- 150 ml Olive oil
- ½ Lemon Slice (chopped into small pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Make the olive paste by putting 150 grams of the olives into a food processor with olive oil, parsley, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper. Mix, then transfer to a bowl and add the lemon pieces. Add the remaining olives.
- Heat olive oil in a pan (that you can transfer to the oven) and add the garlic, onion, cumin seeds and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, cook for 4 minutes, then add the rice, paprika and some freshly ground pepper. Cook for around a minute, then add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and add the butter.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then spread the olive paste onto the fish and place it into the rice. Scatter the cherry tomatoes over and bake for around 10 more minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges and yoghurt.
Leave a Reply