For the pasta dish:
This tasty pasta dish is quick to prepare and makes an ideal midweek meal when you’re pushed for time but want something nutritious to eat.
- Cook the penne in a pan of boiling water with salt added according to the instructions on the packet.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and cut into 2-cm portions, then fry for 2 minutes in a large non-stick pan with the olive oil.
- Add the peas and tomato sauce and simmer while you wait for the pasta to cook.
- Drain the pasta, setting one cupful of the cooking water aside, then add it to the sauce with some of the reserved cooking water if necessary. Ensure that the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta garnished with the mint leaves and Parmesan cheese.