Making your own fresh juices is one of the easiest and most fun ways to get your daily dose of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients.
As well as one of the best ways to use up all those goodies in your fruit and veg shop, juicing has many benefits for health.
Fresh juice is high in soluble fibre, which aids digestion and also helps lower cholesterol.
It also contains more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants than shop-bought juice. Most fresh juice recipes skip the added sugar, so they make a far healthier option.
Why not have a go at juicing yourself with our recipes for Apple, Lemon and Ginger Zinger, Watermelon Slushie and Cool As A Cucumber Cocktail? Packed full of nutrients, they are the perfect way to start the day, enjoy as a pick-me-up or even drink as non-alcoholic cocktails.
If you enjoy making these juices, then why not experiment with your own combinations? You’ll also find it’s a fantastic way to get all the family involved in learning about and making healthy, refreshing drinks. What a great incentive to enjoy your regular fruit and veg delivery!
This tasty juice with a kick from fresh ginger is ideal to get you going in the morning. The fresh, sharp flavours of apple and lemon are also a great stimulant.
- Ginger (Fresh) (approximately 3 cm long – grated)
- 4 Apples (quartered but with the peel left on)
- 2 Lemons (peeled, seeded, and quartered)
- Simply process the ginger, apples and lemons through a juicer. Serve in a large glass with a sprig of fresh mint to garnish.
- This juice cocktail can also be enjoyed with lots of crushed ice and a slice of lemon as a refreshing drink any time of the day.
This recipe is packed full of vitamins to give you a health boost. It also contains lycopene, an antioxidant found in watermelons and other red-coloured plants, that can help protect against disease.
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ¼ cup Orange juice ((freshly squeezed if you have time))
- ½ cup Cantaloupe (diced)
- 2 cups Watermelon (diced)
- 3 cups Ice
- Mint (fresh) (for garnish)
- Combine the honey, orange juice, cantaloupe melon, watermelon and ice in a blender until all the chunks are broken down. The mixture should resemble thick slush. The mint garnish provides the finishing touch.
Nothing beats the refreshing taste of cucumber. It’s high in a number of vitamins, notably vitamin K, which helps the blood to clot and supports bone density, making this a healthy drink.
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup White sugar
- 2 Lime
- 2 Cucumber
- Mint (fresh) (for garnish)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture resembles a puree. Serve in martini glasses and garnish with mint for an elegant touch.
Get everything you need for our freshly squeezed juice recipes
You can get all the ingredients for freshly squeezed juice in your regular grocery delivery in the Melbourne area. Simply log on to the Local Food Market Co website and browse a range of quality fresh fruit and vegetable retailers in your locality.
If you’ve ever wondered where to find a fruit shop near me, then your question has been answered! Local Food Market Co offers vegetable and fruit delivery in the Melbourne area. We also provide fruit box delivery in Melbourne straight to your door to make it super easy to source the ingredients for our juicing recipes!
Contact us to know more about the hassle-free way to get fresh fruit and veg direct to your door.
Leave a Reply