Our berry tasty smoothie is ideal for growing children and is also good for anyone looking to increase their vitamin intake, with plenty of protein thrown in too.
If you are struggling to get your kids to eat sufficient fruit over the course of the day, this recipe is a quick win. It contains two portions of fruit and one portion of vegetables with the frozen zucchini, so you’ve already got three of their five-a-day sorted!
Grab the ingredients from your regular online groceries shop and you’re good to go.
You can use any combination of berries in our recipe – whatever you have to hand. Why not try:
- Blueberries – high in vitamin K to promote strong bones and antioxidants to keep your kids healthy
- Raspberries – bursting with vitamin C and fibre to keep the digestive system running smoothly
- Strawberries – one handful of this super fruit will provide all the vitamin C your child needs a day
Give me more vitamin C!
Our berry tasty recipe also contains a sneaky handful of zucchini, which will add even more vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals to the mix.
And there’s banana too – high in carbohydrates for energy, fibre for digestion and lots of vitamins and minerals.
Milk: What growing kids need
As long as your child is dairy tolerant, cow’s milk is a great choice for this smoothie. That’s because it has nearly every nutrient the human body needs. It’s high in protein, essential for growing bodies, and is one of the best sources of calcium for healthy bones.
You can also use coconut milk. Its sweet flavour will appeal to kids, and it’s high in fat, which is what developing kids need. Coconut milk also offers plenty of vitamin C and a wide variety of minerals too.
Bring on the protein!
We’ve included whey protein isolate in this recipe. This dietary supplement is good for building lean muscle and so is a suitable protein source for kids.
Enjoy nutritious nuts
Almond or cashew nut butter can be added to this smoothie to give another dimension of taste and to also add some extra nutrition. Both contain high levels of protein, minerals and vitamin E, which is a valuable antioxidant to protect against disease.
Put all of these ingredients together and you have a berry tasty smoothie that both kids and adults will love!
Berry tasty smoothie
This smoothie looks as good as it tastes, especially when you add the fruit and mint garnish.
- 250 ml Cow’s milk (coconut milk or any milk alternative)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla bean whey protein isolate
- 1 tablespoon Cashew or almond nut butter
- 2 small Chunks of frozen zucchini
- A handful Banana (frozen)
- A handful Any frozen berries (keep a few aside for garnish)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Put all the ingredients except for the garnish into a blender and combine until smooth. Add a couple of frozen berries and the fresh mint leaves as garnish. Add straws and serve immediately.
Get your smoothie ingredients from your fruit and veg shop
If you’re wondering if there’s a ‘fruit shop near me’ where you can get all your groceries, try Local Food Market Co. It’s an online platform bringing together everything you need for your fruit and veg delivery.
Find the ingredients for our berry tasty smoothie and get them straight to your door with fruit delivery in the Melbourne area.
We also offer fruit box delivery in Melbourne in just a few clicks.
You can also find meat, seafood, ready meals and flowers when you place your order for grocery delivery in Melbourne with us.
Contact us to know more about our fresh and local online marketplace!
Leave a Reply