What do we love about chicken? Everything! It’s one of Australia’s most popular meats for many reasons.
As well as being a rich source of protein, with 31 grams per 100 grams of chicken, it’s also high in niacin, one of the B vitamins. It helps keep your skin and digestive and nervous systems healthy.
There’s also a generous dose of selenium, a mineral that helps keep your immune system and thyroid in good order, and it’s rich in vitamins B6 and B12, vital for energy production.
Chicken is low in calories, making it a great choice for anyone watching their weight.
Our recipe for sticky chicken drumsticks is super easy to make yet is full of flavour and contrasting texture, thanks to the soft and juicy chicken and its crispy coating.
To get maximum health benefits, why not roast a tray of winter vegetables at the same time? We give you some ideas for your selection below.
You’ll get a hit of vitamin C and antioxidants to help protect your immune system and keep you healthy over winter with this winning combination.
We’ve also included a couple of other suggestions for side dishes that work perfectly with our sticky and delicious chicken recipe.
There’s nothing not to love about this recipe. It requires hardly any preparation, and the chicken will cook itself to perfection without you having to do any of the hard work. The result is perfectly roasted drumsticks coated with a sticky and delicious dressing.
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken drumsticks into a bowl and combine.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a roasting tray lined with foil and pour the sauce over.
- Cook at 180°C for 50 minutes. When the drumsticks are ready, the sauce will be caramelised while the chicken will be juicy and tender.
After finishing eating this scrumptious dish, don’t though out the bones. Boil them up to create a small chicken stock/broth.
What can I serve with sticky chicken drumsticks?
Keep it simple by roasting a tray of seasonal winter vegetables at the same time as your chicken.
Cut carrots, cauliflower, celery, parsnips, potatoes and swede into chunks, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Then simply allow them to roast alongside your chicken for the easiest dinner ever.
You could also serve sticky chicken drumsticks with:
- A steaming dish of plain, boiled or steamed rice. This option complements the flavours of the chicken and is low in calories too.
- A range of salads. Try a crispy winter slaw, kale salad with almonds or spinach salad with sliced red onion and some crumbled feta cheese.
- If you’re feeling indulgent, you can bake some medium-sized potatoes while the chicken is cooking. Drizzle with butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
Get everything you need for your chicken drumsticks meal
You’ll find everything you need for your chicken drumsticks meal on the Local Food Market Co platform.
It brings together your fruit and veg delivery, quality meat, cheeses, pantry goods and freshly baked breads all in one place.
Your fruit and veg shop just got easier, now that you can order these and all your other essentials with grocery delivery in Melbourne straight to your door.
If you’ve been wondering where to find a fruit shop near me, browse our fresh fruit selection or get a fruit box delivery in Melbourne delivered to your home.