Your summer fruit and veg delivery should bring a whole variety of delicious in-season flavours, perfect to mix and match in healthy salads.
Make the most of this abundant season by including an array of colourful salad ingredients from your local fruit and veg shop, which you can use in our three recipes for easy-to-make and delicious salads.
Not only do they look and taste good, but they are also packed with a whole spectrum of vitamins and other nutrients to keep you energised through the summer months.
This salad is super easy to prepare and will instantly conjure up the fresh flavours of the Mediterranean.
- Carefully combine the tomatoes, onion and cucumber in a serving bowl.
- Add salt to taste and rest for a few minutes to allow the salt to bring out the juices from the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the oregano.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the crumbled feta cheese and olives.
This gorgeous salad combines the sweetness of strawberries with creamy avocados for a luxurious, healthy dish.
- Whisk the sugar, olive oil, honey, cider vinegar and lemon juice then put to one side.
- Put the salad leaves on a decorative plate and top with the strawberries and avocado, then drizzle the dressing and sprinkle on the pecans. You can either serve this salad immediately or put it in the fridge for up to 2 hours before serving.
This coleslaw will entice you with its rainbow of colours and tangy dressing.
For the coleslaw
- ½ Green cabbage (shredded)
- ½ Red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 Yellow capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Carrot (grated)
- A handful Fresh coriander (chopped)
For the dressing
- In a large bowl, mix together the green and red cabbage, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, red onion, carrots and coriander. In a smaller bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, lime juice, garlic and Tabasco sauce.
- Add the dressing to the vegetable mixture until it is evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let the coleslaw stand for around 30 minutes before serving.
Healthy salad ingredients from a fruit shop near me
Now that you know how easy these recipes are, why not give them a go?
For the freshest ingredients, order your fruit delivery in Melbourne from the Local Food Market Co. We make sourcing fresh and tasty local produce on a single platform hassle-free.
We also offer fruit box delivery in Melbourne so you can stock up on the season’s most delicious fruits.
For any questions, contact us to know more about getting your grocery delivery in Melbourne delivered direct to your home.