- 8 Medium-sized squid hoods (Scored)
- 4 Zucchini (courgette) (Sliced lengthwise)
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Peanut oil
- Noodle salad
- 200 gms (7 oz) Dried thin rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shredded basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice (extra)
- Rinse the squid and quarter. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, chilli sauce, lime juice and peanut oil and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or frying pan over high heat. Add the squid and zucchini, a few pieces at a time, and cook until golden and tender.
- Place the noodles in a bowl of boiling water and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the noodles with the sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy, basil and lime juice. Pile the noodles onto serving plates and top with the squid and zucchini. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
- To score the squid, run the point of a sharp knife over the surface so that it cuts the flesh about halfway through.