- 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 750 gms (1 ½ lb) Rump or topside steak (Sliced)
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) Sweet chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup (2 ½ fl oz) Lime juice
- 8 Spring onions (scallions) (Sliced)
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves (Shredded)
- Lime wedges to serve
- 150 gms (5 oz) Thin dried rice noodles
- 2 Lebanese (seedless) cucumbers (Sliced)
- 4 Stalks celery (finely sliced)
- 100 gms (3 ½ oz) Lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook for 5 minutes or until well sealed. Set aside. Add the chilli sauce, lime luice, spring onions and lime leaves to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, then pour over the beef.
- To make the salad, place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Combine the noodles with the cucumber, celery and lettuce and place on serving plates.
- Top with the beef mixture and serve with lime wedges.