- 200 gms (7 oz) Dried egg noodles
- 4 cups (2 pints) chicken stock
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) Coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons Grated ginger
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves (Shredded)
- 2 Small red chillies (Seeded and chopped)
- 200 gms (7 oz) Snake or green beans (Halved)
- 1 tablespoon Peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 450 gms (15 oz) Cooked crab meat
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Place the noodles in boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the stock, coconut cream, ginger, lime leaves and chillies in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly simmer for 6 minutes. Add the beans and simmer for 7 minutes or until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, heat a frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Add the sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add the crab, pepper and coriander and cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. To serve, divide the noodles between 4 bowls, ladle over the soup and top with the crab mixture.
- You can use drained canned crab meat.