- 200 gms Rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions (Sliced into wedges)
- 4 Large red chillies (Seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Rice malt syrup
- 4 Chicken breast fillets (Sliced)
- 1 Red capsicum (Sliced)
- 3/4 cup Almonds (toasted) (unsalted or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Coriander (fresh)
- Place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, onions, chillies and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the chicken is golden. Add the capsicum, cashews, fish sauce, soy, lemon juice, onion mixture and noodles to the pan. Cook, stirring, for a further 4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with chilli sauce on the side if desired.